What is the first step of the criminal justice process?
Investigation and Arrest
The criminal justice process first begins with an investigation, and this is where Barney and Bobby will be instrumental in seeking justice for the murder victim. The investigation provides police with the opportunity to collect evidence and attempt to reconstruct the crime as it occurred.
What are the steps of the criminal justice process quizlet?
Terms in this set (8)
- investigation. arrest, booked, advised of rights.
- initial appearance. suspect brought before judge and informed of charges and rights.
- preliminary hearing. determines if there is probably cause to proveed.
- information or indictment. …
- arraignment. …
- Trial. …
- sentencing. …
What are the 5 stages of the criminal justice process?
The five (5) basic steps of a criminal proceeding are the:
- Preliminary hearing.
- Grand jury investigation.
- Arraignment in Criminal Court.
- Trial by jury.
What are the 10 steps in the criminal justice process?
10 Steps in The Federal Criminal Process
- Investigation. …
- Charging. …
- Initial Appearance / Arraignment. …
- Preliminary Hearing. …
- Discovery. …
- Plea Bargaining. …
- Pre-Trial Motions. …
What are the 12 steps in the criminal justice process?
What are the 12 steps of a criminal trial?
- Judge or Jury Trial.
- Jury selection.
- Evidence issues.
- Opening statements.
- Prosecution case-in-chief.
- Prosecution rests.
- Motion to dismiss (optional).
What are the seven stages of the criminal justice process?
What are the 7 steps of the justice system?
- Initial Hearing/Arraignment.
- Plea Bargaining.
- Preliminary Hearing.
- Pre-Trial Motions.
What are the 13 steps of the criminal justice process?
Terms in this set (13)
- investigation. …
- Arrest. …
- Booking. …
- Charging. …
- Initial appearance. …
- preliminary hearing/ grand jury. …
- Indictment/ information. …