What are the steps to document a crime scene?
Documenting the Crime Scene
- Videotaping the Crime Scene. If available, a video camera is the first step to documenting a crime scene. …
- Still Photography. Whether a video camera is available or not, it is absolutely essential that still photographs be taken to document the crime scene. …
- Crime Scene Sketching.
What are the four steps to documenting or recording a crime scene?
What are the four major steps in crime scene investigation?
- Approach the Scene.
- Secure and Protect the Scene.
- Initiate Preliminary Survey.
- Evaluate Physical Evidence Possibilities.
- Prepare a Narrative of the Scene.
- Capture the Scene Photographically.
- Prepare the Crime Scene Sketch.
- Conduct a Detailed Search.
What are the 5 steps of crime scene processing?
The basic crime scene procedures are physical evidence recognition, documentation, proper collection, packaging, preser- vation, and, finally, scene reconstruction.
What are the five components of crime scene documentation?
There are five major components to any Crime Scene Investigation process:
- Common Sense.
What are the four main types of documentation at a crime scene?
The categories are summary, scene (including a detailed body description if in a death investigation), processing, evidence collected, and pending.
What are the steps to solve a crime scene?
7 Steps of a Crime Scene Investigation
- Identify Scene Dimensions. Locate the focal point of the scene. …
- Establish Security. Tape around the perimeter. …
- Create a Plan & Communicate. Determine the type of crime that occurred. …
- Conduct Primary Survey. …
- Document and Process Scene. …
- Conduct Secondary Survey. …
- Record and Preserve Evidence.
What is the best method of documentation for recording overall observations at a crime scene?
What is the best method of documentation for recording overall observations at a crime scene? Written records.
What are some methods of documentation?
Terms in this set (7)
- SOAP (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan) -problem-oriented medical records. …
- PIE (problem, intervention, evaluation) …
- focus charting. …
- Charting by exception. …
- source oriented records. …
- case management model. …
- Computerized documentation/Electronic health records (EHRs)
What is the most important means of scene documentation?
While photographs and notes are an important and vital part of any crime scene investigation, sketches and diagrams that show measurements are an indispensable tool in crime scene documentation. A sketch is made to not only complement the photographs, but to offer a wider representation of the crime scene.
What is the best way to make observations at a crime scene?
Use observation skills to make good observations during events
- Position yourself in an area where you can see the location where the crime will take place.
- Place your pencil and Crime Report Sheet on the floor beside your desk or chair.
- Mentally record the information as you witness each crime.
How do you process a crime scene step by step quizlet?
Terms in this set (11)
- Obtain a search warrant.
- Secure and Isolate the crime scene.
- Record the scene.
- Conduct a systematic search for evidence.
- Collect and package physical evidence.
- Maintain and chain of custody.
- Obtain controls.
- Submit evidence to the laboratory.